Five Fun Facts from Trojan’s “Charged” Sex Life Survey
Trojan Brand Condoms released their Trojan Charged Sex Life Survey to uncover what Americans are doing in their bedrooms (or anywhere else we’re getting it on). Apparently we’re doing it more often than we were in 2011—hopefully using birth control responsibly when it’s not for procreative purposes. The survey had all sorts of titillating tidbits, but here are five of our favorites:
1) Americans may be having more sex, but the bad news is it’s not as satisfying as the sex we were having last year. The bright side? We’ve still got five months, so if you’re looking to spice it up (and it turns out most Americans are), we’ve got five sex positions to get you started.
2) Midwesterners are the most sexually adventurous Americans—but they also tie with the Northeast for having sex the least number of times per year. We’re thinking maybe they spend all their time planning their adventurous sex and not having it.
3) The survey says that Southerners are the most likely to fake an orgasm and to say their sex life needs to be “charged.” This regional trend doesn’t seem to include Atlanta or Miami, both of which top the chart of sexually “charged” cities.
4) Ever sexted or had phone sex? Apparently more and more Americans are using technology to connect in a sexy way to their partners. (And remember, you can also use your cell phone to connect in a sexy way with your birth control.)
5) Who would have thought that, in spite of scary Funny or Die videos, 74% of men would say they’re open to using a vibrator in the sack? Only 70% of women said the same—which still leaves us with a lot of open-minded people. If this is a revelation and you want to pick up a vibrator to do some research of your own, you may want to try a sex shop so you can check out your options in person. (If you’re nervous about walking into one, we have a Frisky Friday for that.) Or there’s always the internet.
Do you think the survey shows an honest view of Americans’ sex lives or sex in your city?
Websites We Like: Bedsider
We are loving our newfound friend, Bedsider!
What are these awesome chicks up to? Spreading the good word about a free birth control support network, along with some fun videos, pics and more. Pretty dope. Be the on lookout for us following, reblogging and initiating some long awkward hugs (as pictured).
Previously: Websites We Like
Hurrah! And thanks:) You’ve inspired us to share with you what we consider the most awkward hug ever (about 30 seconds in), from a video series Funny or Die made for Bedsider. Looking forward to friendship and more awkward hugs—in the meantime, enjoy this one.
We worked with Funny or Die on a short video series! It’s called “After Last Night,” there are 3 parts, the first is above, and you can see the other two on funnyordie.com.
PS—this series may or may not feature plastic wrap, dry-humping, irreverent humor, and a very awkward hug. (Just sayin’.)