LARC Awareness Week kicked off yesterday and we are SO ready to spread the good word about LARCs (long-acting reversible contraceptives) like the IUD and the implant this Method Monday. A few of the many reasons LARCs rock our world:
- They’re ready when you are. Anytime, any place.
- For folks struggling with stress or depression, they can mean one less thing to worry about.
- They can be discreet (or not—totally your call).
- They work really, really well.
- They’re getting more popular in the U.S.—and making some new users very happy.
- They might be less expensive than you think (even free!), especially if you have health insurance or qualify for Medicaid.
We could go on, but someone told us brevity is the soul of wit. If you love your LARC—or if you want to learn more about them—check out the #LoveMyLARC conversation on Twitter this week.
Get educated on sperm!
*not all men have penis/can produce sperm
That’s right, folks—sperm move faster than a jaguar and can live in the female reproductive tract for up to 5 days… This is why we keep going on and on about birth control.